- Obtaining Consent from Candidates
- Withdrawal of Consent and Requests to Access Your Data
- What Information Will We Retain?
- How Will We Use Your Personal Data?
- Where Your Personal Data Is Stored
- Candidate Data Security
- Your Rights
- Data Breaches
- Queries and Contact Details for our Data Protection Officer
1. obtaining C o n s e n t from candidates
When collecting personal information from you, we will be in contact with you initially to ensure you provide us with consent to use and hold personal data.
There are numerous ways in which we may obtain your details. This could be by way of an application which you have made for one of our roles (either via a job board application or our website), by sourcing your information from a Job Board database when you have uploaded your CV, or when you have contacted us directly.
We will not retain or share any personal information without your consent first, so if for example you apply for a role and we do not contact you to ask your consent to hold your details, then those details will be deleted from our systems within 30 days of you first sending those to us.
For those whose details we wish to retain and potentially share with our clients and service providers, you will need to provide us with written consent for us to do so. We will ask you to provide us with consent in a number of ways, depending on how you have made contact with us:
- Through our vacancies page on our website:
If you apply for one of our vacancies via our website, using the application form we provide then you should automatically see a copy of our Candidate Agreement, which you will need to agree to in order for us to process your application. By agreeing to this, you are providing us with consent to store your details.
- Through the ‘send your CV’ form on the candidates page of our website
- Through a Job Board such as CV Library, Reed.co.uk, Jobs 24
We will make direct contact with you to obtain your consent. We may initially obtain verbal consent, but will follow up with a request for written consent which you must reply to within 30 days otherwise we will permanently remove your all of your details from our records. Please be aware, that if written consent is not given within 30 days of first contact, it may result in you being withdrawn from an ongoing recruitment process.
- Direct email to us
As above, we will make direct contact with you to obtain your consent. We may initially obtain verbal consent, but will follow up with a request for written consent which you must reply to within 30 days otherwise we will permanently remove your all of your details from our records. Please be aware, that if written consent is not given within 30 days of first contact, it may result in you being withdrawn from an ongoing recruitment process.
For each instance in which we request written consent, you will also be sent a copy of our registration form and either a DP5A (a privacy notice for candidates where data is obtained from the data subject) or a DP5B form (a privacy notice where data is obtained from a 3rd party such as a job board).
On receipt of verbal or written consent, we may collect and retain information about you on our secure database. The types of information we may hold are listed below in the ‘What Information Will We Retain?’ section.
Please note; after a period of 30 days, if consent has not been obtained, your details will be permanently removed. We will only retain details of those individuals who have given us their express written consent to do so.
2. Withdrawal of consent & requests to access your data
It’s important for you to know that you are also able to withdraw your consent for us to hold your data at any time. You are also able to request access to any data we have relating to you for a small fee.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to complete and return a Withdrawal of Consent Form which you can download and print by clicking here. Please email your completed form to our Data Protection Officer, Gemma Turp on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to request access to your personal data that we store, you will need to complete and return a Request to Access Personal Data form which you can download and print by clicking here. Please email your completed form to our Data Protection Officer, Gemma Turp on email@example.com
If you struggle to access either form online, please call us on 01379 898474 and we can post you a copy instead. If you can’t return either of the forms via email then you may post it to us at the following address: Horizon Search & Selection Ltd, C/O Gemma Turp, Unit 3, Sandy Lane, The Broadway, Badwell Ash, Suffolk IP31 3FA.
Please be aware that the consent to use your personal data is paramount if you wish to be considered for a role, without your consent, we will not be able to forward you for a position to be considered for interview.
3. what information will we retain ?
- Any information that you may provide to us by filling in forms on the website that may help us with the recruitment process. This information will include your name, address, email address, phone numbers, work, education and qualifications history and also your full CV as well as details of your referees (where applicable)
- We are also required by law to collect information regarding your nationality
- If we place you in a permanent role with one of our clients, we shall also request and retain copies of documentation which shows your legal right to work in the UK
- If we place you in a temporary role with one of our clients we shall also request and retain copies of documentation which shows your legal right to work in the UK and also financial information such as bank account details, NI number, next of kin and details of your doctor’s surgery, as well as details of your referees
- On occasion we may have to undertake credit references, and other lawful checks where a client or third party requests such information
- Any contact between you and Horizon may also be kept as a correspondence record
- We will from time to time have the need to use a paper copy of your information (such as registration forms, CV’s and temporary associate documents) however these will be securely stored in our offices and once added to our database, will be safely destroyed. We aim to transfer paper-based information to digital files on our database and destroy paper copies within a 12 week timeframe.